- Recognize the existing user when they return to the website at a later date
- Make the user’s web experience faster
Cookies serve as a memory tool and are of three types-
Session cookies are temporary cookies only retain information as long as users are on the website.
Permanent or persistent cookies stay on the user’s browser for a very long time. Through these cookies, computers remember and user’s login information, language selections, menu preferences, and many more.
Third-party cookies collect various types of data for ad targeting and behavioral advertising. They are set by domains that are not directly visited by the user and collect data based on your online behavior.
Cookies are set for the following purposes-
- In navigating our site
- Enhancing the user’s experience of using our site
- Providing customized experience
- Improving and analyzing our site and services
Delete or block cookies
However, certain cookies can be blocked to improve personal privacy and prevent data tracking. If they are deleted or blocked through browser settings, you may not be able to register or access certain features or site may stop working.